Twitter is one of the social networking sites which connect you to the people, latest news, updates, opinions etc. On Twitter we sometimes come across words which are prefixed by the symbol #. These are called Hashtags.
These Hashtags are not officially twittering function but its individual users can add them to their tweets. At a place like twitter where you find lots of tweets, hashtags help you to categorize tweets of similar kind. Anybody can create hashtags and use them in their tweets. It helps them to connect and reach everyone who is using the same hashtag or searches for it.
How To Use Hashtag In Your Tweet?
- Hashtags do not require any tools.
- Just Sign in to your Twitter account.
- Click on Compose new Tweet Button to the top right corner.
- Enter the tweet Using Hashtag, For Example:
You can also search the previously existing hashtags by typing the word proceeding with # in the search box. You can get all the tweets with searched hashtag included in it.
- For Example: #Happy
Uses Of Hashtags
- Helps to organize tweets of similar kind or topic.
- Helps companies to promote their products.
- Helps in promoting events, TV shows, campaigns.
- Easy to create and anybody can use it.
Note: You should not give space between the words which are used as hash tag i.e. use of #peace of mind is invalid. Instead you can use underscore ( _ ) in between the words like #peace_of_mind.
By the time you complete reading this post I hope you had got an idea of what actually a Hashtag is. If so encourage us with your likes and share it with your friends. Also if you have any doubts please be free to ask them through your comments below.