You have got an email from your friend telling about something or some prank news. when you ask your friend about that email, he tells that he didn’t send them. So what actually happened?
This is called email spoofing.
Email spoofing is creating emails with forged sender address. The goal of sending these emails could be leading you to a website for traffic, or to open a link that contains virus.
This email spoofing is simple because the core protocols have no authentication.[table “153” not found /]
Problems With Email Spoofing.
- These spoofed emails can ask personal data like bank account details, credit card details etc.
- The email may contain links leads to virus and malware.
- The email may contain link which leads to phishing page.
How Email Is Spoofed?
The sender spoofs the from address, return path and source IP address.
These properties can be easily altered by changing settings in Gmail, hotmail or by using other email software’s.
Also Read : How To Change Blogger Admin Email Address
- If the email spoofer mails you with the name of your family member for some personal detail, just confirm it through the phone before giving a reply.
- Hover on the form as shown below
- The domain has to be matched i.e Match.com
- Don’t open if there any suspicious attachments in the email.
To know More About Internet Frauds Refer This Links
If i forget anything or if you had any questions let me know through comments.