WinDirStat is an extremely useful freeware program for windows that shows you what files are consuming your hard disk space. Each file or folder is represented by a rectangle, the larger it is, the greater space it takes. If you are ever wondering about your hard-drive usage or where did your free space go this program is a godsend. Available for Windows 8, 7 and XP.
Free Download WinDirStat Portable Full Version For Windows 8.1,7,xp
WinDirStat DiskSpace Analyzer Main Features:
- Graphical representation of each file – Each file is intuitively represented by a rectangle which allows you to easily see which files are taking up a large amount of space.
- Color-coded Extensions map – Each file type is represented by a different color, which allows you to easy differentiate between each file type.
- External and networked drives support – This program can scan external drives such as flash drives and usb external hdd.
- Portable – This program allows portable installation, you can put it on a flash drive and run it on another computer without problem.
- Easily delete files – You can delete files directly from the program, saving you time and mouse clicks.
WinDirStat Vs Spacesniffer
Windirstat and Spacesniffer are similar disk scanning softwares, but Windirstat is better. First, Windirstat is older and more mature of the two. It is more stable and it can run from Windows 95 upto Windows 8. Windirstat is also more efficient, it runs faster and has a lower memory footprint than Spacesniffer. Lastly, it is also smaller download, 500kb for Windirstat vs 1.5mb for Spacesniffer. There is no reason to pick Spacesniffer over Windirstat.
Download Here: Windirstat Free Download
Possible Issues And solutions To Use WinDirStat DiskSpaceAnalyzer Software
Windirstat sometimes does not show the proper amount of free space. This is usually the result of improper permission and files hidden in NTFS datastream, if you are encountering this problem right-clicking on the WinDirStat icon and clicking “Run as Administrator” usually solves the problem. If you are still encountering issues after that it could also be due to a corrupt HDD, run chkdsk and try again.
WinDirStat DiskSpaceAnalyzer Complete Instalation Guide
Installation of this software extremely easy. First get it from a free download here and save it to your harddisk. After saving it to your hard disk just double click “windirstat1_1_2_setup.exe” to install. The installer will run, just press next while following the instruction. After it completes installing you can find the program on the start menu.